- About Us
- Collection Analysis
- Retention & Access
EAST currently retains approximately 6.2 million monographs (distinct OCLC numbers), representing over 9 million holdings, and approximately 5,000 serials and journal titles, representing over 11,000 holdings. EAST is an accessible light archive with retained items held at the member institutions. Retentions are disclosed in the members catalogs (see best practices for disclosure and a slideshow of catalogs) and in the databases listed below.
Where to find EAST Retention Commitments:
- Contains information on retained monographs from Cohorts 1 and 2.
- Does not include ConnectNY data.
GreenGlass local library instances (Members of Cohorts 1 and 2 may also use their own instances of GreenGlass for collection analysis work. Use the “Logout” button to change logins from the combined retentions instance of GreenGlass to your institutional GreenGlass account.)
- Cohort 1 instances have ONLY retentions from their cohort.
- Cohort 2 has EAST 2 retentions and EAST 1 commitments as a comparator group.
Libraries can use GreenGlass data to carry out collections projects, including looking at collection strengths, usage data, etc. Libraries should use the EAST Retentions Database (below) to identify an EAST retention commitment.
Print Archives Preservation Registry (PAPR), a “system is designed to support archiving and management of serials collections by providing comprehensive information about titles, holdings, and the terms and conditions of archiving of the major print archiving and shared print programs.”
- Archived titles and holdings are available from PAPR.
- EAST Serials and Journals Cohort 1 holdings are in the process of being added.
Monograph and Serials Commitments:
- Contains retained titles for Cohort 1 and Cohort 2 monograph Commitments, and Connect NY commitments extended to EAST.
- It will also contain Serial commitments once they are completed being added in PAPR.
Note that WMS libraries have registered single part monographs in WorldCat. See Searching for EAST commitments in OCLC Connexion for instructions on how to search.
Some EAST retained titles have digital surrogates in HathiTrust and/or Internet Archive. In April 2019, EAST retentions were compared on OCLC number to the Internet Archives and HathiTrust datasets. Below is a table showing the overlap of print commitments and their digital versions: