- About Us
- Collection Analysis
- Retention & Access
Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles
At the December 2018 Summit, participants agreed to the following vision, mission, and guiding principles for the newly forming Partnership:
Ensure the long-term preservation, accessibility and integrity of monographic print resources.
Coordinate collaboration among shared print monograph initiatives and collections in North America to support cost-effective retention and access to shared print monograph collections.
As the Steering Committee and both the Services & Business Model Working Group and the Membership & Governance Working Group further their work in 2019, we expect them to be guided by the belief that a successful organizational structure will be designed to:
- Support and augment shared print programs to advance collaboration and coordination of collective collections including those not currently covered by shared print agreements.
- Implement and maintain needed infrastructure, operating practices, and business model(s) to support coordination, prioritization, and focus of the collaborative efforts.
- Provide a transparent, inclusive, lightweight, and sustainable mechanism to accomplish the goals of shared print collaboration.
- Define characteristics of and processes for membership, representation, and participation.
- Operate cost-effectively and produce value for the associated organizations and libraries.
- Leverage collective will to represent participants to external communities (as appropriate).
- Adapt over time to changing priorities, needs, and participation levels.