- About Us
- Collection Analysis
- Retention & Access
Registration of EAST Retention Commitments in OCLC
OCLC has officially launched their Shared Print Registration Service, available to all full cataloging subscribers*. EAST retention partners should plan on registering their commitments before January 2021, at which time Cohorts 1 and 2 will lose access to GreenGlass. An email with further details was sent to EAST operational contacts at libraries who need to register (pdf). OCLC offered an overview webinar on Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 (recording | slides). OCLC also offers a brief Shared Print Registration Training Video.
Following the EAST webinars, your library should complete the EAST Registration Survey, letting the Project Team know your plans for registration and optionally requesting that EAST act as a registration agent for your library.
Further information on the OCLC registration service is available at: https://help.oclc.org/Metadata_Services/Shared_Print
Timeline for the Registration Process for EAST Retention Partners:
- June 17, 2020, 1 p.m. - OCLC Webinar (Recording | Slides)
- June 29, 2020 10 a.m. / June 30, 2020 1 p.m. - EAST Webinars (Recording | Slides)
- July 2020 - Libraries notify EAST of registration intention via a Survey
- Aug 1-15, 2020 - Libraries wishing to have EAST as an agent have created a Collection Profile in Record Manager or Filled out the Collection Profile Template
- Aug 15 - Dec 15, 2020 - Work with libraries who requested EAST as an agent, others to do self registration.
- Jan 2021 - all C1/C2 commitments in WorldCat. Access to GreenGlass for Cohorts 1 & 2 ends January 31, 2021.
*If you are not a full cataloging subscriber please contact us .